Stumbled across this recipe (mine is slightly altered) a few months back and thought to myself what the hell lets try it. I want to try being a bit healthier and it looks rather nice.
For it you’re going to need some pretty straight forward ingredients
- 1 Tin chickpeas.
- Breadcrumbs ( I used 1/3 to 1/2 a Baguette made into breadcrumbs roughly)
- 1 (or 2) grated carrot(s) (large)
- 5 (decent sized) shallots chopped .. nice milder flavour you could use a red onion as well
- 2 Eggs
- Ground Cumin
- Extras you’ll need … lemon juice
- Make your breadcrumbs first then blend the chickpeas and mix in the breadcrumbs and the shallots.
- Add your grated carrots .
- Add some lemon juice ( used the bottle kind and a few shakes of the bottle)
- 2 tea spoons Cumin (ground)
- Add some corriander ( used a fresh frozen one)
- Add in the 2 beaten eggs
- Mixed it all with hands (obviously it’s no longer in the blender)
- Make it into balls golf size or a bit bigger and flatten a bit.
- Throw them into the fridge for 30 minutes
- Then bake for 30 minutes around 200C
Nice and simple :) not that time consuming either (mainly have to wait for them) … and costs about 1.50 – 2 euro to make six next time will do double and freeze some I think
What you end up doing with yours is up to you. I ate them plain by themselves. I cut one up and put it into a baguette with some rocket, baby tomatoes and wholegrain mustard.