This is an extremely quick one to prepare BUT it takes a while to cook
You’re going to need a few ingredients
- 1 Large Onion ( 2 Medium)
- 5 or 6 large tomatoes
- 2 – 3 Cod Filets ( I’ve used frozen here )
- Herbs to taste … Basil some Sea Salt and olive oil
- Start pre-heating your oven to 200ish Degrees C
- Chop up all your onion and place it into a oven read dish
- Place your cod filets on top spread out if possible
- Sprinkle some Basil onto the Cod
- Slice your tomatoes and layer on top of the Cod
- More basil and pour some olive oil over the whole thing
- Cover with tinfoil (I try to wrap it so it’s semi tight around the handles of the disk) and place into the oven for 30 ish minutes
- About 15 minutes in throw on your rice. (depending on how long your rice takes)
- with 5 – 10 minutes left of cooking time for your fish remove the tin foil so we start to boil off some of the juices.
And remove from the oven and serve. Very simple … VERY tasty Cod with onion, tomato and rice. Add more fresh basil if you’d like and serve
Mental note use better serving dish next time :)
This is one of those quick and easy recipes that I love so much. It does however contain a large amount of butter so be warned.
I don’t generally have Ciabatta handy so I’m making do with a half a Baguette.
- Melt a good chunk of butter on a frying pan.
- Chop your shallots (or Red onion will do too .. normal onions I find require a good bit more cooking to get rid of any harshness). You want them fairly fine.
- Place shallots into the melted butter. Add some water so help prevent the butter drying too much. Reduce heat and let it bubble away
- Chop your tomatoes (I used 3 medium) again the smaller the better here you’re going to be spreading this on your bread. Add to the onion mixture. Add more butter if required (you want the mixture to be moist as it’s going to be spread all over your bread. Add some fresh basil if you have some. (Again I used a frozen basil mix that gives a really fresh taste)
- Spread your mixture over your baguette which you’ve split down the center (I like to keep it stuck together) Grate some emmental cheese on top and add some freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Grill for 5 – 10 minutes (until the cheese is nicely melted on top) keeping an eye so it doesn’t burn